Saturday, June 21, 2008

fete de la musique ...

Today i.e. 21st June happens to be World Music Day, and Alliance Francaise my French tutorial institute along with French embassy and Novotel and Airtel organised Fete de la musique, in other world a music festival. Organized very well by the students of the institute it started with classical Indian music, then moved on to classical western which included opera and then jazz, pop, instrumental, r&b, rock and finally dj ...
it was a feast to the ears. I simply loved it. Consisted of a pretty decent crowd, I was expecting more students but was pretty amazed to see nearly 30%foreigners(mostly French) and 30-40% elderly music lovers(say above 50) and the rest of them mostly families. Very few students or software guys. Overall around 1000 guys, should I say?
And then its in Novotel, so booze was flowing all around... it took LOT of resistance from my side as I need to drive back home :)

Anyway just wanted to give a quick update on the concert, so a small blog. I would say this is one of those must do things & don't miss the chance if you happen to be around next year same day :)

1 comment:

Bhanu said...

so u learning french.. kool.. where by the way???

The never ending post