Saturday, October 24, 2009

The baby steps

It's been one week since I quit my job with a plan to start something on my own, I wouldn't say I utilized the week properly, things are going slow, very slow and I have lazed a bit as expected :), but talked to few people, made few decisions, found source for little income etc etc. I'd call these the baby steps. I know the journey wont be easy, it won't happen immediately, will take time, infact more time than I thought it'd.

However there is a bright side to this 'freetime', I'm reading a lot of books again. Its been quite sometime since I did and I got to finish 3more.

Trying to save every penny I can, yet the urge to eat sometimes gets over.

Not much progress on the 'resolutions' taken in April either :D (Courtesy: http://saaketh-preetham.blogspot.com/2009/04/mid-year-quarter-life-resolutions.html)
  • For those of you who don't know, I tore a ligament while cycling and had to go through a surgery, so cycling is a distant dream for an year.
  • I gained a few pounds but still managed to stay 65, so good with that
  • I couldn't travel or drive for the last 4months, so there was no travelling, but now that I'm doing good have 2 trips planned in next 2months
  • Almost no chance of touching 100 posts before 31st
  • Did save 2months salary before I quit, well had to


  • Best of all I quit, which was in my mind but never thought it'd happen :D


    Will post more details about the trips soon.

    2 comments:

    mythalez said...

    and we can also hope regular blogposts now? :P

    Saaketh said...

    regular but nothing interesting, now that I'm jobless less going out, less parties, can't afford going out with girls ;), so the posts would be completely intellectual/contradictory/arbit

    The never ending post