Saturday, December 13, 2008

Dream vs Reality

One of my classmates from college wrote an article on "Prince Charming" Vs "Dream Girl" and claims girls evolved to be much better capitalists than guys :)

http://abbuluelectrified.wordpress.com/2008/12/11/
charming-dreams-and-princely-girls

Maybe maybe not, but being a feminist that I'm, for the 1st time I went ahead and commented on his blog(I usually avoid commenting on others blogs unless I'm really tempted to do so like this post :) ). But what really surprised me isn't the fact that he wrote this post(considering the few happenings in his life that I know of, such a post isn't much of a shock), but the fact that none of the guys opposed the theory, in fact everyone EVERYONE went ahead and supported the theory !!!


Now I'm surprised!! The only logical explanation I could come up with is that all these guys are from 'elite' institutes where girls/guys ratio is less :) and thus the 'frustration'. How else would/could someone explain a bunch of 'well-educated' guys gang up and bash all the girls in the world ?? more so when all/most of these guys are not even married :D (hehe well I understand such a post after marriage, but ...). Don't tell me that girls are soo film-ish that they would slap you or throw a sandal at you if you ask them out (atleast I haven't met one such yet). Maybe as a part of ragging seniors should educate young folks on how to impress a girl :D or even better how NOT to get into their bad books.

Lets try and get some basic facts clear, its always survival of the fittest be it evolution or just emotion. You can't expect to look shabby, talk rubbish, not respect people and yet be liked by the other gender just because love is blind, that's sheer bullshit. "Love is blind" only works(or is supposed to) when you impress the other person not during impressing.All that the other person is looking for is company where he/she will feel happy and secure, if those basics aren't in the correct place you can't really expect the relationship to work.

Once you impress the person/fall in love, you got to get the next theory right- he/she isn't your 'property', you are not given 700 perms(how geeky!) on the person. Both guys/girls would want their space with their friends, both would want their partner to look/be the best in their circle, both would want to 'show off' that they have the best partner one could get, both would like to brag about their partner... its all the mushy kinds, and its also the time when things could go weirdly wrong, too many expectations and if one is not ready to be in a relationship one shouldn't jump into(I like this in the western style, you take your time to say 'I love you' and when you say, you are ready and really mean it, and you don't do so just coz your friends encouraged you to or just out of sheer peer pressure). Well, the point is, one has to have the list of expectations his/her partner would have, in mind before jumping into a relationship and then trying to act idealist by saying 'looks don't matter' or 'you are expecting too much' or 'you are suffocating me' blah blah.

As my dad once said, "Relations are never stained, It's the communication that is". That apparently is the mantra for a happy life and luckily I have always sticked to it(of course I'm still single, please avoid the cliche, as Jane Austen puts it love has many forms like moments of time).


I know, I know this ought to be the most bakwaas post till date but I couldn't resist the temptation and I had to blurt out, at least some of it. All guys who would want to bash me, feel free to ping me :P and if at all someone is reading this post and wants to give me an example of an extreme person who doesn't fit the logic, please realize that its the same with the other gender too. If there are a few girls who are real emotion wrecks there are guys who are real jerks, so lets not get into specific examples. But generalizing I would say guys and girls aren't really different deep within, both are looking for a nice company, a company which would bring a smile on their face whenever they think of him/her, a company their parents would feel proud of to have in their family, a company their friends would envy.... a company who would stay with them in thick and thin, who would see their sleepy weird face in the morning and not run away but kiss them good morning :)

2 comments:

Deepthi said...

You scare the hell out of me.. And if you knew all this all along, why did you let me do, what I did...make a mess out of my life??

Anonymous said...

KUMMESAV!!! loved it.. :)

The never ending post