Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Warrior within

I ran, yes I literally ran. I ran as fast as I could, and when I was out of breath I ran further. Wondering what I'm getting at? This is another of those self praise posts :D

6months back I hurt my knee while playing badminton and had to go through a surgery. Doctors told me I'd have to use a walking stick for 1month, I'll not be able to use the stairs for 3months, can't drive for 6months and cant play/run for an yr. Everyone who knew me were very happy that I'd finally stay home for a while, but ofcourse none of them happened.

I used the stick for 15days, once the stitches were removed I never used it.
I used the stairs within a month, people scared the shit out of me, nevertheless I did.
I started driving after 3months, well I told myself it was too heavy on my pocket to get a cab daily.
I started jogging after 6months, a little. I jog for maybe 1km in bits n pieces and walk rest of 7km (4.3miles total).
Totaly I started running, and I feel no pain :D I was soo happy, I feel like the fighter from one of those movies, that was the picture I had in mind while I was running hehe.

PS1: I put on lot of weight, now should get back to normal. phew!
PS2: I don't know if this qualifies as self praise or rant :D ...its just arbit

1 comment:

The Gypsy said...

Hearty Congrats!... Keep running and stay healthy :)

The never ending post