Friday, May 7, 2010

Tensed ?

I always knew I have a good knack to run business', but never knew starting one would be such a hassle :-). There are a million little things to take care of and its a chicken or the egg story at every step!!

Phew ...

Business kickoff is good, but looking at the number of solar power plants coming up, I'm really tensed about the new competition. I really feel, I should have started back in 2008 when I initially decided, but then no point thinking over it rt :-). Looks like I have lost the opportunity to build a solar plant till 2013, atleast for public purchase. Ofcourse we never know how things would go in the private sector.

There is this incredible wealth of information I have acquired over the last few months, (inspite of my laziness ;) ) which I just hope I could put to proper use. All I need from here, is patience, persistence and self motivation.

I hired an engineer who will be my trump card for the next step, he is expected to join from June 1st, which means I'll have to take an office space or atleast 2 cubicles/cabins. More costs.

I'll be using tempest advertising for all PR related stuff including website, brochure etc etc. Doesn't come cheap, but then I could invest that time in my business. Outsourcing is how we have lived.

Just few updates from the back of my mind, got a long day ahead, time is running by, and its already Friday :( wish the clock rotates back 1yr :D


On a different note, as a sequel to this post (http://saaketh-preetham.blogspot.com/2008/05/i-cheat-on-her.html) I bought a new mobile, my 3rd phone in 6yrs. I had to sell the HTC due to its battery backup. Bought a Nokia 7230 (http://www.nokia.co.in/find-products/products/nokia-7230), basic features, no touch screen (I don't like touch), good battery backup, wide screen. Thats all I need :-) n Oh its a slide phone, I always had a thing for slide phones :-). Strange that Nokia didn't come up with a piece like this earlier. But better late than never isn't it.


I had a nice 3day trip home, not to relax though, along with few family members. I had to sleep for a day after coming back :D but it was worth it. Had lot of laughs, miss cousins, it would have been a blast if any/all of them were in India. huh !!

No comments:

The never ending post