Sunday, January 25, 2009

I am ...

I am what I am. I had a lousy argument with a friend on male chauvinism today. I'm a feminist and I'm proud of that. As chauvinism today doesn't apply to guys alone, there is nothing wrong in a guy being a feminist (or atleast that is what I tell myself). Women today (even earlier) deal with more complex situations than men do. Agreed 90% of them are irrational when it comes to taking decisions, but it is only because they think with their hearts or sometimes don't even think but decide with their hearts :P. It's true: While women think with their hearts men think while testosterone is kicking in (I couldn't put it more decently :D).But how do you justify the exploitation ??

  • Do you see the News channels reporting page3 parties where the camera zooms to body parts of girls who are dancing (ofcourse with out their permission). It is supposed to be a NEWS channel for heavens sake, I understand the commercial aspect but ..!!!

  • Do you see the daily advertisements, "slim girls-thinly clad" seems to be the only theme

  • Don't get me started over dowry. WTF !! You are selling yourselves bloody idiots, don't you get that??

  • Huh!! The lone sharks at office, in college, on the roads and recently even hospitals !!

  • INTERNET... Yahoo chat, orkut, facebook, fake profiles n teenage girls. You know the stories.

  • Mobiles n anonymous calls


  • It isn't about a girl or a guy, but how can someone see so much of exploitation and yet not oppose it ?? Where is the nobility ? Demanding dowry is like claiming to be a Che Guevara fan without knowing who he is or what he fought for. I know its a very bad comparison, but that is the extent to which people are lost, even highly educated and qualified.

    PS1: I know I wrote on this earlier (actually that was a better post) but its just frustration after an irrational argument.
    PS2: I know there are exceptions to everyone and everything, the above mentioned is only a general scenario.

    1 comment:

    Deepthi said...

    I never thought I'd say this, but
    "You are awesome!" [Atleast when it comes to this aspect of yours.]
    I might also be saying this because of seeing a shit-headed pervert in action just today, ah well, I just wish it easier and does not offend so much..

    The never ending post