Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Traffic signal and sugarcane juice

Its summer and 12:45Noon, scorching sun and I'm on my bike stuck in traffic waiting for the signal to change ... red .. red .. red ... still red ... yay yay orange, I start my bike & the car before me won't move ... beeeeeeeeeeep beeeeeeeeeeeep .. still no movement F*** F*** .. I try to go around and the car starts, so now I have to wait & after a few meters the car stops again F******* & the signal turns orange ... I now know I am stuck for somemore time, so finally I find my way away from the car & reach the other end of the road, FINALLY a deep breath ... & now start looking at all arbit things around and see a sugarcane juice guy, I wish I could jump from my bike grab a glass of chilled icy sugarcane & get back but but but ...
now you must be wondering what I'm trying to pull over here ..... well the story goes like this, I see a 10-12yr old girl carrying a 2yr old child and begging (no I have a strict no-no to encouraging begging and so I didn't offer her anything)... she's tapping the cars and asking for money to feed the child and what do I see ... what do I see ... the child is ACTUALLY having sugarcane juice from a bottle .. lol lol lol

once again makes my stand on no-no to encouraging begging stronger,
and those who have a soft corner in their hearts, please think twice or if needed thrice and those of you who are actually planning on suggesting me that I should have grabbed the childs bottle .. shooooo shoooo shoo away! :P

2 comments:

emansiac said...

Well.. this reminds me of a similar incident that happened when I was in Hyderabad.
When I pulled over for some sugarcane juice, there was already a man there waiting.. A kid started bugging him for money. And you know what, the man responded that he wouldn't offer her any money but instead he would offer a glass of sugarcane juice if she is interested. And he paid for two glasses.

So there is always a different perspective to look at the issue.

Saaketh said...

good to know my idiotic posts have some readers :)

The never ending post